A collection of papers / articles / eBooks / videos that I found to be useful.
- Confessions of a Serial Product Owner – Anna Forss. For anyone aspiring to become a product owner – good reference.
- Introducing an Agile Process to an Organization – Mike Cohn.
- Leadership and K9 Behaviour – Catherine Louis.
- Scrum and XP from the Trenches – Henrik Kniberg.
- The Role of the Manager in Scrum – Pete Deemer
- All I Really Need to Know about Pair Programming I Learned In Kindergarten – Dr. Laurie Williams
- Advantages of User Stories for Requirements – Mike Cohn. Good article on User Stories with a comparison to Use Cases
- Agile Testing Video – Elizabeth Hendrickson.
- Integration Tests are a Scam Video – JB Rainsberger. Should read Integrated tests are a Scam. Different perspective on testing.
- Agile Retrospectives WIKI
- Patterns for Daily Stand-up Meetings – Jason Yip
- Scrum from Hell – Bil Wake – an exercise to help you manage dysfunction in daily stand-ups
- Delegation Poker – Jurgen Appelo – A game to help us understand the “shades of grey” associated with delegation.
- No Satisfaction at Toyota – Charles Fishman – A great example of Lean production in practice
- Managing the Pipeline – Mary Poppendieck. Essay on LEAN, Queuing Theory for Software Development.
- Competing on the Basis of Speed Video – Mary Poppendieck.
Teams and Team Dynamics:
- Leading Teams – Setting the Stage for Great Performances – JR Hackman – What are the 5 necessary conditions for high performance teams
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team Video – Lencioni – A five minute overview of the five dysfunctions.